Hi Friends, Clients, Neighbors and Pals,
It’s that time again! I would like to share with you my top five favorite beauty products of 2011 (in no particular order) and where you can buy them! In some way, whether a small or large impact, all of these companies are leading in the eco-conscious, vegan, cruelty free, organic or natural beauty product movement, which of course is really important to me as a Hair Stylist, Makeup Artist and as a consumer. Enjoy and let me know if you have any questions, I’m all ears….
My top five favorite beauty products of 2011
1. ZUZU Luxe Mascara in black – First off…best VEGAN mascara I have used to date and not too shabby of a natural ingredient list either. Love it! Goes on nice and black with no clumping. You can easily apply a couple coats for a more intense look. It has permanently replaced all my toxic mascaras and not just at home but in my professional makeup kit as well. So take that!
Where to buy: I buy mine at Whole Foods on North Avenue in Chicago or you can get it online here, http://www.gabrielcosmeticsinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=41
Product perks: VEGAN, definitely a fairly decent non-toxic ingredient list as far as mascaras go
2. KEVIN.MUPRHY HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY – one word…LOVE! This has been my #1 favorite product this year. Ever since it came out in the summer I have not been able to put it down. Basically, it just makes my hair look cool and it’s easy breezy to use. Literally, apply on towel dried hair or dry hair, lift your hair and spray all over with a strong focus on the crown area. If you’re like me and want a ton of fun, funky volume with a little texture but nothing that will weigh your hair down then HAIR.RESORT.SPRAY is what the doctor ordered. Comes highly recommended by Yours Truly. Stop by the salon for a complimentary demo. We carry the full line of KEVIN.MURPHY products.
More info on Kevin Murphy products: http://www.kevinmurphy.com.au/
Product perks: protects hair from heat up to 428 degrees fahrenheit, cruelty free, PETA approved
3. Loving Natural Clear Face Vegan Sunscreen -Finally, a natural vegan sunscreen designed for the face. If you have been on the same search for a product like this as I was…consider yourself, done. Love it!
Where to buy: http://loving-naturals-skin-care.webstorepowered.com/Loving-Naturals-Clear-Sunscreen-Non-Nano/dp/B0058F6EPC
Product perks: VEGAN, cruelty free, gluten free, 100% natural/organic ingredients, highly rated for safety by the EWG, check out their rating here.
4. Herbs of Grace Vegan Lip Balm in Berry – Packed with organic jojoba oil and cocoa butter, this vegan lip balm is one of my favs! Love the berry shade. It has just the right amount of color to achieve that effortless natural beauty look with a touch of style. This balm is always in my coat pocket! BTW – love the company and everything they stand for and no, I am not on the payroll, just a tough natural beauty critic.
Where to buy: http://www.herbsofgrace.com/index.php?cPath=43&osCsid=3febacfd698abb9a67f6bed96f27f1c0
Product perks: 100% NATURAL, 100% vegan, no preservatives, no chemical additives, no artificial ingredients, no nano-particles
5. Coconut Oil – My new found all natural beauty product. I just love this as a body moisturizer right out of the shower. One of my awesome clients told me to keep a jar in the shower so the heat from the shower will warm it up. After the shower, apply on damp skin for a really light weight, a
ll natural body moisturizer that smells yummy and keeps your skin hydrated. Thanks for the tip, Mica!
Where to buy: I get mine at Karyn’s Fresh Corner Cafe in Chicago, you can also order it online here, http://www.karynraw.com/food-and-grocery/Coconut-Oil/1736/
Product perks: vegan, 100% natural…enough said!
So that’s it. Hope to see you at the salon soon. I would love to give you a New Year makeover!
BTW – Happy New Year everyone!